Monday, August 24, 2009

SONGS ABOUT PLANE CRASHES

I'm always delighted to discover the original version of a sample, cover or song reference that I previously didn't know about. This weekend, I uncovered experimental electronic artist Laurie Anderson's 1982 album Big Science, which shot to fame after John Peel played the hauntingly soothing track O Superman, which then reached No. 2 on the UK charts.

Swedish electro goddess Robyn apparently sampled from Big Science's opening track, from the air. And since both tracks are about plane crashes (which I had a dream about last night), I'm posting my favorite plane crash song of all time by Ms. Liz Phair.

Laurie Anderson - From the Air
Robyn - Bionic Woman / Crash and Burn Girl
Liz Phair - Stratford-on-Guy (demo)
Liz Phair - Stratford-on-Guy

No comments: