Tuesday, June 10, 2008

R.I.P.: ALT COFFEE, NINTH STREET MARKET


The second best bathroom to shoot up in in the East Village (isn't Mars Bar number one?) is a shooting gallery no more. Alt Coffee, reborn Hopscotch Cafe just a few months earlier has gone the way of Rapture Cafe and Tompkins Square Bakery. Sad, though I never really set foot inside so I can't say I'll miss it all that much.

Ninth Street Market, on the other hand, was my reason for living. Owner Todd and his crew of sassy bus boys and skilled chefs cooked up the most yummy brunches and delicious dinners in the hood. After twelve years of service, Todd decided to pack it in and live the good life. Now my good life no longer includes chorizo cheddar asparagus omelettes with a side bowl of fruit and cornbread on Sundays :(

1 comment:

www.asturias-3d.com said...

I read really much useful data here!