Monday, March 31, 2008

THE DAVID BARTON EXPERIENCE


Last week, I temporarily abandoned working out with the straight East Village Dominican set to try the luxe gay mecca known as David Barton. Located in the heart of Chelsea, Barton is an upscale "co-ed" gym that really has no need for a women's locker room (but the men's is super swank, above right). The main weight room was all dudes, all the time. One told me to smile while I was working out (???). Another told me I was sexy and asked if I had a boyfriend while we took turns on the pull-up machine.

Not that I'm complaining. Barton feels more like a club than a gym and I stayed much longer than my usual hour due to the numerous distractions and worked out much harder in hopes of impressing the regular clientele. They also invite DJs to spin sets during prime time workout hours, which was why I checked out the gym in the first place: I'm DJing at David Barton in Chelsea this Tuesday. 530 - 930pm. Expect to hear lots of Olivia Newton-John's Physical and other gay workout music.

MY DJ WEEK AHEAD:
Monday - The Cock (upstairs), 11pm - 4am
Tuesday - David Barton Gym, Chelsea, 530 - 930pm
Wednesday - Good Times @ Eastern Bloc, 10pm - 4am
Thursday - DAY OFF. LETS SURF EBAY!
Friday - The Cock (basement), 12 - 4am
Saturday - Kabin, 11pm - 2am

Diana Ross - Muscles

No comments: